Tuesday, June 16, 2009

MoTab inspiration

Tonight I went to the free pre-tour concert put on by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  While I have heard many of the songs many times over, I quite enjoyed the concert, and I was truly touched several times by either the words or the music.  While they sang "Come, come ye saints" these words stood out to me as they were backed by a beautiful sound:

"We'll make the air with music ring, shout praises to our God and King....All is well!"

I'm not sure why I liked that part so much, having sung it all my life, but perhaps the combination of the music and a few months of not having sung it helped me hear it with a fresh ear, and I was able to feel the beauty intended by those words.  

I think we should all make the air ring with the music of our praises to God, for being alive and for living in this beautiful world.  

No comments: