Friday, June 6, 2008

enfin!!!!

After a couple weeks of aimlessly wandering about my neighborhood looking for people to talk to or things to do, I finally have something that will keep me occupied!!! I fell upon an opportunity to volunteer at a hospice and homecare facility in Salt Lake, and I'm way excited about it. It might seem bizarre to be excited to work with dying people and their families, but when I first interviewed with the social workers at the place I came away with a jubilant sense of assurance that I really am on track with my career direction. I love this stuff, and this is yet another confirmation that I am working toward a profession that will be meaningful and fulfilling to me. The people there are so awesome, and when I came out to one of the social workers, she came out to me, which was fun(ny). But I look forward to shadowing the SW's, chaplain, and nurses, and eventually having people to visit and help out. I'm sure I'll have experiences to share and feeling to explore as I get into it.

1 comment:

lia said...

so you're going to have to update on how it's been...